You are here
College or University Participation
- Computing departments who implement the STARS Leadership Corps (Corps) show improvements in the enrollment and graduation of students in undergraduate and graduate computing programs.
- Evaluation outcomes show that participation in STARS activities, particularly the Corps, enhances commitment and academic success in computing for diverse student groups.
- Professional development and community building opportunities are provided to students and faculty through partnerships and the STARS Celebration, an annual gathering of the STARS Leadership Corps.
- STARS Computing Corps support is typically provided for at least two years to provide 10 students participant stipends each semester and to provide participant stipends for faculty or staff who lead the Corps. Support beyond two years may be provided for schools that institutionalize the Corps and contribute to the STARS national resources for student-led regional engagement. Support is also provided for faculty/staff and students to attend the STARS Celebration.
- STARS schools are eligible to apply for support for regional activities. Support is competitively awarded based on applicants’ past performance with STARS, their proposal, and the availability of funding.
Required of Funded Institutions
Specific instructions will be provided after the application process.
- Complete consent form to be a part of research project
- Complete Pre- and program surveys
- Participate in STARS Online
- Prepare Corps Narrative Reports (Fall and Spring semesters)
- Provide Institutional Data report
- Complete applicable forms to receive stipend payments
How to Apply for Funding
- New College or University
- Attend an informative teleconference about STARS
- Complete STARS Computing Corps Application
- Continuing College or University
- Academic Liaisons submit Spring Narrative with request for next year’s support
STARS Participant Schools